Mark Jenkins informed us that issue #20 of the Modular Session CD series is out now: “If you love Tangerine Dream’s dramatic 1980’s TV and movie music, then issue 20 of the collectable monthly CD series Modular Sessions is for you. Stars of the European electronic music scene have been inspired by superheroes from Marvel and DC Comics as well as the latest movies and TV shows. Their tracks have been completed and mixed by MARK JENKINS, while Artificial Intelligence software has converted their images into some amazing characters.”
- BERND-MICHAEL LAND pictures “Cliff Steele: Robotman” from “Doom Patrol” in throbbing mechanical-sounding sequences.
- BERT “PHROZENLIGHT” HÜLSHOFF takes the role of DC’s “Aquaman” with mysterious underwater sounds.
- MARK JENKINS delivers “Black Panther: Requiem” in a barrage of electro drums, analog sequences and battle cries, and “The Punisher”, a rocking up-tempo synthesizer affair like Tangerine Dream’s “Streethawk” theme or Chris Franke’s solo music.
- TROND GJELLUM becomes “Antman” in a flurry of interlocking synthesizer patterns.
- MOONYA returns to Modular Sessions with an Ultravox-style slice of electro-pop “Scarlet Witch”
- PETE OXY pictures ancient and arcane secrets of the mysterious “Doctor Strange”.
- The CD closes with “Triskelion”, from a live stream concert by MARK JENKINS depicting the three-wingedHQ of “The Avengers”. This epic 27-minute track in three long rhythmic and melodic sections is one for lovers of Tangerine Dream’s “Poland” and “White Eagle”, or the solo work of Johannes Schmoelling.
As usual this issue is limited to 100 numbered copies. All earlier issues are still available, though some will sell out soon. More info here.