This news was announced today, Wednesday September 28, 2022. A great idea and interesting new shop. Although I wished it would be the other way around: a shop donating instruments to poor people like me….
Moogseum teams up with Reverb, the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments, in sharing and preserving electronic music history — with the Official Moogseum Rever b Shop for donated synth gear, opening Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2022.
You can find the Moogseum-Reverb shop here.
Donate a synthesizer in mint or excellent condition, as well as select accessories designed for use with synths, to this online shop – and sale proceeds go to the one-of-a-kind immersive, interactive museum where the science of sound comes alive.
A group of Moogseum supporters came together to donate the following vintage gear for the store’s launch:
- ARP Omni-2 Analog String Synthesizer heard on composer Michael Whalen’s “Sacred Spaces” and “Future Shock”
- KORG DW-8000, which was extensively sampled for the Syntronik 2 MAX virtual instrument from IK Multimedia; their KW-8000 is exclusively made up of samples from this specific synth
- ARP Odyssey Analog Synth
- The rare, hard-to-find Ibanez AD-230, an analog effect device made famous by Jerry Garcia and Bob Weir of The Grateful Dead, Steve Miller, and others
- Roland AX-Edge keytar
- Apollo Twin audio interface
- Much more
The Official Moogseum Reverb Shop was designed as a long-term partnership with the synthesizer community, turning used gear into fuel for inspiration and historical preservation. Here’s how donors benefit from sharing their gear with an established 501(c)(3) nonprofit:
- Convenience: Reverb and the Moogseum take care of sale logistics, including issuing a call tag for shipment, if needed. All donors need to do is pack up their synth.
- Tax savings:Donors will receive a formal acknowledgment from the Moogseum for their in-kind donation. They can then take a tax write-off for the total value of the instrument, which they can assign after consulting with a tax advisor.
- Make a difference: Help the Moogseum thrive – profits go toward its mission of inspiring children and adults at the intersection of science, music and technology.