I was, and still am, impressed by the track Blue Monday, by New Order. I think that it was, in many ways, a new order of music. I had this idea of compiling information about New Order and this brilliant track. There are many background stories about how this track was invented, about the record company, about money losses, but also on the technical side of creating the track. I try to touch all these different aspects in this compilation.
In this part 11 we look at the official videoclip which accompanied the release on March 7, 1983. Look at the fresh and energetic video…. it hasn’t always been like that, as you can see in the additional (live) versions below.
- How does it feel to treat me like you do?
- When you’ve laid your hands upon me and told me who you are
- I thought I was mistaken, I thought I heard your words
- Tell me how do I feel
- Tell me now, how do I feel
- Those who came before me lived through their vocations
- From the past until completion, they’ll turn away no more
- And still I find it so hard to say what I need to say But
- I’m quite sure that you’ll tell me just how I should feel today
- I see a ship in the harbor
- I can and shall obey
- But if it wasn’t for your misfortune, I’d be a heavenly person today
- And I thought I was mistaken, and I thought I heard you speak
- Tell me, how do I feel
- Tell me now, how should I feel
- Now I stand here waiting
- I thought I told you to leave me when I walked down to the beach
- Tell me how does it feel, when your heart grows cold, grows cold, cold