Saturday, June 3rd, the new Northwest Computer Museum in Leigh, near Manchester, will be opened. Ticket info here.
- Opening times: 10am-4pm (10am in the Cinema for introduction)
- To be opened by Professor Steve Furber, CBE (Acorn Computers and ARM Architecture)
- Guest visitor David John Pleasance (Commodore MD in the 90s)
- Prize raffles & competitions
- Children’s activities
- Souvenirs, parts and accessories shop
- Old Tech sales
- Access to over 200 exhibits, 80+ of which are live and hands-on
- Snacks provided – drinks and other food available to purchase
Look behind the scenes
The North West Computer Museum in Leigh, Wigan, (just outside Manchester) is a brand new museum covering the history of computing and gaming from the 1970s onwards. Still under construction, take a look behind the scenes with me on this exclusive museum tour, and also check out some of the awesome thrifting pickups I managed to get my hands on at their recent jumble sale.